Thursday, August 6, 2009

My New Acting Strategy

According to A.V. Club critic Nathan Rabin:

In the late ’80s and early ’90s, [Nicolas] Cage’s primary criteria for choosing roles seemed to be:

  • How ridiculous will my accent be? Will it sound like a dialect never spoken by anyone, ever, in the history of time?


  • How about facial hair? Can it look like fake hair haphazardly placed on me by a blind man with an odd sense of humor?


  • Will I be called upon to shamelessly overact or go completely fucking nuts?


  • I've totally got the first one going on in Comedy of Errors and the last one in Julius Caesar, (though no one will ever let me have facial hair).

    But I think that I need make a greater effort to cram all three into every role I play.

    The whole article is pretty hilarious.

    0 remarks:

    Post a Comment