Friday, July 10, 2009

I Strongly Identify with this Stick Figure




When I lived in San Francisco, there was a sign on the door to the roof of the building that said DO NOT ENTER, and a bunch of handwritten signs taped around it with things like "If you go on the roof you will be FINED" "This means YOU" "Stay the crap off the roof, guys, for serious!" "The roof is totally covered in scorpions and whatnot and will KILL YOU!"*

God almighty did I ever want to go on that roof! And as someone who's terrified of heights,** roofs (rooves?) are not generally my favorite place to hang.

You could totally Tom Sawyer me into doing anything with a DO NOT [BLANK] sign.

In fact, let's try it now:

DO NOT DO LAUNDRY! (Kitty Pimms, this means you)

Screw you, man! I'm gonna separate those delicates SO HARD.

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID*


*I may have gotten a little carried away toward the end, there.
**My head is not meant to be more than 5'5" inches off the ground... tippy-toe is as high as I go.

0 remarks:

Post a Comment