Wednesday, June 17, 2009

You Know How Sometimes...

Some one asks you to do something, and you agree to do it, and plans are made to do the thing, and then they call or email you later with a "Just reminding you to do the thing!" and that pisses you off for some reason?

What do you do about that?

I mean, your impulse is to be all "Duh, I'm gonna do the thing! Didn't we just talk about the thing? When have I ever been so irresponsible as to fail to do a thing? You're not the boss of me!!"

Which is clearly not productive.

Is this problem related to my deep-seated dislike of authority, like when being ordered to do a thing I was already going to do makes me immediately try to find ways out of doing the thing?*

Or perhaps my pathological need to be regarded as a functioning grown-up, which is rooted in my knowledge that I am not and never will be one, because that while it was unlikely I would have forgotten the thing, I did eat a handful of Chex Mix for breakfast, so where do I get off being so uppity?

Eh, whatever. I'ma go do the thing now.**

*Have I mentioned how much I can't wait until we get to the Caesar-stabbing rehearsal? "Speak, hands, for me!"

**And probably delete this post later, lest anyone involved in the thing read it and be offended.

0 remarks:

Post a Comment