Monday, June 22, 2009

Lundi je ne fait rein

Here's what I've learned about HPV from the constant ads on Hulu, the ones with the jaunty French song:

1. Condoms don't always protect you from it

2. Practically everyone has it

3. You can have it and not know it

4. You can get it without having sex

5. Basically, you and everyone you know has it and you're all going to die.

6. Friday is for you!

Last week, when I was watching Arrested Development, it was all "Remember when men were men, and they drank real vodka?" ads, and not a lady-related product in sight.

This week, I'm watching Buffy, which Hulu seems to thinks appeals to both the boys and the girls.

In addition to being told I have HPV and encouraged to use Dove products, I've also been invited to play a video game that represents "a generational leap in open world destruction" (yay?) and seems to be all about blowing up buildings for no reason. There have also been several ads for the Ghostbuster's video game, and I think my dreams will be haunted by the game version of Dan Ackroyd. And now that 30 Rock has popularized the term "uncanny valley," I can articulate why without sounding like a big nerd.

0 remarks:

Post a Comment