Thursday, May 28, 2009

More About the Crazy Teenagers

Apparently, they like to hug.

That's all well and good, I suppose. When I was in high school, we didn't go around hugging every five minutes, but I do remember feeling that even our mild level of hugging was a little much, so I suppose if I were a teenager now I would have many more words of annoyance to spend on the subject.

For the purposes of this post, however, I want to direct your attention to a quote from possibly the Worst Mother Ever:

“Maybe it’s because all these kids do is text and go on Facebook so they don’t even have human contact anymore,” said Dona Eichner, the mother of freshman and junior girls at the high school in Montvale.


Can I get a WTF?

It would be one thing if this was a quote from say, a "local crumudgeon" or "radical neo-luddite sepratist." But there is something very Not Right about the parent of a pair of teenagers complaining about the socially alienated little creatures she's housing.

Maybe, as a human being, you might be able to provide some of that 'human contact' your kids are so lacking in? By which (I suppose) you mean physical contact, since obviously the internet is not the real world and all relations that occur thereon are void of meaning.

Which, when you think about it, makes you wonder why 'sexting' is such a big frickin' deal. Maybe it's not about prudishness at all. These freaked-out parents just want their kids to get together in person and do it the old-fashioned way.

0 remarks:

Post a Comment