Sunday, April 19, 2009

Guess What Disturbed My Sleep Last Night



It was just so... so messy.

I've always had a policy against watching movies that question the nature of reality right before bed. I shall now add "movie in which people live with raccoons" to that list.

Also, is that not the worst tag line ever?

Go Fug Yourself mocks is better than I could:

"Have you SEEN the tag line for Grey Gardens? It's something like, "the true story of Jackie O's incredible relatives." I'M NOT KIDDING. How freaking lazy is that? I mean, I guess it's DIRECT, but it's also BORING and doesn't seem to convey the idea that Drew is playing a woman who regularly wore her skirt on her head as a fashion statement. I'm serious. That needs to be better conveyed, and "Jackie O's crazy relatives!" doesn't do it. On the other hand, this would be an amusing trend. Like, "Terminator Salvation: Yeah, Yeah, This Is the Movie Where Bale Lost His Shit." Or, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince: The Awesome One With All the Flashbacks and Stuff, But Be Warned BAD THINGS HAPPEN AT THE END.." (iv) I guess that doesn't have anything to do with the matter at hand, but I had to get that out."


I take their word for it about Harry Potter, because for some reason I do not remember that book AT ALL. Apart from the end, which I believe I knew before I read it, I could not tell you a single thing that happens in it. Though I distinctly remember waiting anxiously for my brother to finish it so I could have his copy. And hanging out at some sort of garden party at one point, watching this little kid sit in the corner and plow through like 500 pages of text. And the Simpson's episode where Homer makes up a fake ending for Lisa so she won't be sad, and says "No man should outlive his fictional wizard!"

I wonder if the fact that reading it coincided with the period in my life in which I was spending a lot of time under the influence of a certain mood altering substance which seriously needs to be decriminalized has anything to do with it?

0 remarks:

Post a Comment